what's NEW


Foreigners may apply for 5-year residence permits

BY :广州外事,中国政府网

UPDATED :2024-03-28

Foreigners working in China who have obtained work-related residence permits of more than one year at least twice consecutively, foreign management and professional technical personnel working for well-known enterprises and research institutions, as well as members of scientific research and innovation teams, may apply for up to 5-year residence permits through exit and entry administrations of public security organs. Those who meet the requirements may be approved for permanent residence in China.

Two applicants display their new Foreign Permanent Resident ID cards at the Tianjin Municipal Public Security Bureau's Exit and Entry Administration Bureau. (Photo by Tong Yu/China News Service)

At the same time, foreign management and professional technical personnel working in China are allowed to relocate to other regions within their respective enterprises or institutions, or to pursue degrees or to continue their education at domestic universities without reapplying for residence permits.

For foreign enterprise management personnel, technical personnel and their accompanying spouses and minor children, the validity period of visa entry will be extended to two years. 

China will also accelerate the resumption of international flights at key aviation hubs such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, South China's Guangdong province.

Editor: Pauline