Dragon Boat Festival
Dragon Boat race in Shilou, a historical town in Panyu district of Guangzhou, June 17, 2007.
This year's "Dragon Boat Water" arrives at the right time. Varied of Dragon Boat matches have raised its ugly head and plan to go to the battle field throughout Guangdong.
The series of 2008 Guangzhou Dragon Boats Race activities will last for 20 days until June 21st. The closing ceremony is to be launched in Zengcheng city of Guangzhou.
1. The 4th Guangzhou Huangpu Dragon Boats Race
June 7, 1:30pm-4:30pm
Xin Tan Chong section of the tributary of Pearl River, Chang Zhou Island in Huangpu district, Guangzhou 长洲岛新坦涌河段，广州黄埔区
Traditional Dragon Boats, Standard Dragon Boats, Performance of Gaming Boats
2. The 2nd China (Zhaoqing) University Students Dragon Boat Race
37 teams, including teams from Hong Kong, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Shaoguan and Fushun (Liaoning province) and 17 local teams
3. Guangzhou International Dragon Boats Race 2008
June 14, Saturday
14:30—16:30 Opening Ceremony, Final
Downtown section of Pearl River between Jiefang Bridge and Renmin Bridge, Guangzhou.
* 600-meter Race of Traditional Dragon Boats
* 600-meter Race of Standard Dragon Boats (Men Group)
* 600-meter Race of Standard Dragon Boats (Women Group)
* 600-meter Race of Standard Dragon Boats (University Students Group)
Participants: (100 teams)
Standard Dragon Boats (16 teams)
Standard Dragon Boats (42 teams)
Decorative Dragon Boats (30 teams)
Performance of Gaming Boats (12 teams)
click for story of the Dragon Boat Festival (Duan Wu Festival)
click for Guangzhou Fact
(by Luna Yang, Carrot Chan)